TIP41 Transistor specification
- It is an NPN BJT Transistor
- DC Current Gain range is 15 to 75hFE
- Collector current (IC) is 6A
- Collector to base Voltage (VCB) is 40V
- Collector to emitter voltage (VCE) is 40v
- Emitter to base voltage (VEB) is 5V
- Base Current (IB) is 2A
- Transition frequency (FT) is 3MHz
TIP41 Transistor pinout
|The base terminal triggers the device
|Current flow through the collector
|Current flows through the emitter
TIP41 Transistor package
- The transistor package used for TIP41 is to-220
- The main specialty of the TO-220 package is its temperature resistance capability.
- The to-220 body is divided into two portions, the first portion is made with plastic and epoxy material, and the second portion is made with a metal tab.
- The metal tab acts as a heat sink and a to-220 package had a hole for attaching it with heat sink or with PCB.
TIP41 Transistor Description
The TIP41 transistor is a medium power high current transistor and this is why TIP41 had more applications in power electronic circuits.
The peak current gain at the TIP41 transistor will start from 15 to 75hFE, the gain value is important at amplifier applications.
The maximum collector current at this transistor is 6A, this value indicates the maximum allowable load current passes through TIP41, and the current value indicates TIP41 is a power transistor.
The maximum base current of the TIP41 transistor is 2A, the maximum allowable bias voltage on the triggering current.
The peak power dissipation at the TIP41 transistor is 65W, this particular value indicates the power dissipation of the transistor device.
The transition frequency on the transistor is 3MHZ, it is an important factor in switching circuits.
The junction temperature on the TIP41 transistor is 150°C.
TIP41 Transistor datasheet
If you need the datasheet in pdf please click this link
- The equivalent transistors for the TIP41 transistor are TIP41AG, BD705, BD909, BDT41, BDT41B, and TIP41G.
- The transistor in the list will have almost the same electrical and physical characteristics.
- The transistors in this list will be a good equivalent for the TIP41 transistor.
TIP41 vs TIP42 vs TIP122 vs TIP41G
- The transistors listed here are similar or equivalent to the TIP41 transistor.
- This table type comparison lists the electrical specifications of each transistor tip41 vs tip41, tip122 vs tip41, and tip41g vs tip41.
- This is helpful for those who need specific electrical variations at transistors.
|Collector to base voltage (VCB)
|Collector to emitter voltage (VCE)
|Emitter to base voltage (VEB)
|Collector current (IC)
|Junction temperature (TJ)
|Transition frequency (FT)
|15 to 75hFE
|15 to 75hFE
|15 to 75hFE
- The TIP42 is a complementary transistor for TIP41
- The TIP41G is the pb version of the TIP41 transistor.
TIP41 transistor uses
- Used at circuits with loads up to 5A
- Used at high power high current circuits
- Amplifier circuits
- Motor driving circuits
- Inverter circuits
- SMPS circuits
- Rectifier circuits
Tip41 tip42 audio amplifier
- The figure shows the amplifier circuit using the TIP41 and TIP42 transistors.
- It is a class AB amplifier arrangement, the operation of this amplifier is very simple.
- The push-pull action of both the TIP41 and TIP42 transistors will be utilized here to make an amplified audio signal.
TIP41 transistor as switch
- It is a switching circuit using transistor TIP41, It is a basic model circuit of transistor as switch.
- We can see a LED load, when the signal reaches the resistor it pass towards the transistor.
- The transistor trigger starts and turns ON the LED and works as a switch for the LED load.
TIP41 inverter circuit
- The figure shows the inverter circuit using TIP41 and TIP42 complementary transistors.
- In the circuit, the initial square wave pulse is given by the 555 timers and it reaches the transistor 2n3904.
- And the transistor makes output and passes over to TIP41 and TIP42 transistors, then the back-to-back connected transistor network produces an alternative signal.
- The sine wave produce will pass to the transformer and it produces a step-up signal.
TIP41 transistor price
- The TIP41 transistor is a medium power high current transistor, they had more applications at power circuits.
- The price for a TIP41 transistor will be 15rupees for 1pieces or 0.20USD dollars.