C1815 transistor specification
- It is an NPN BJT Transistor
- DC Current Gain range is 25 to 700hFE
- Collector current (IC) is 150mA
- Collector to base Voltage (VCB) is 60V
- Collector to emitter voltage (VCE) is 50V
- Emitter to base voltage (VEB) is 5V
- Base Current (IB) is 50mA
- Transition frequency (FT) is 80MHz
C1815 transistor pinout
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|1||Emitter||Current flows out through emitter|
|2||Collector||Current flow through the collector|
|3||Base||The base terminal triggers the transistor|
C1815 transistor package
- The C1815 transistor had TO-92 transistor package
- It is made up of a mixture of plastic and epoxy
- It offers more compactness to the whole electronic device
C1815 transistor Description
- The C1815 transistor had more applications on high-frequency circuits.
- The maximum to minimum current gain at this transistor is 25 to 700hFE, and this is an important term on the amplification capacity.
- The peak collector current of the C1815 transistor is 150mA, which means the maximum load current allowed on this transistor.
- The peak base current of this transistor is 50mA, the maximum allowable bias voltage on the trigger terminal.
- The power dissipation on the transistor is 400mW, this particular value indicates the maximum power dissipation at this transistor device.
- The transition frequency on this transistor is 80MHZ, it is an important factor at the transistor switching frequency.
- The maximum junction temperature at the C1815 transistor is 125°C.
C1815 transistor datasheet
If you need the datasheet in pdf please click this link
C1815 Equivalent transistor
- The perfect equivalent transistor for C1815 is 2n2222, C945, 2SC3198, 2SC3199, KTC3198 and 2SC3921.
- Each one in this equivalent list is an NPN transistor, the technical and physical characteristics of every transistor are almost the same.
C1815 vs 2SC1815 vs 2N2222 vs BC547
The table below compares each of the similar transistors to 2n3055, the electrical aspects of C1815 vs 2sc1815, C1815 vs 2n2222, and C1815 vs BC547.
C1815 transistor uses
- Switching load below 150Ma
- RF circuits
- Amplifier circuits
- Preamp circuits
- High-frequency oscillators
C1815 transistor as switch
- The figure shows the model circuit of the C1815 transistor as switch.
- This circuit uses two LEDs on the emitter and collector terminals of the transistor.
- As when the switch closes the transistor trigger starts with the resistor and operates as a switch for both the LEDs.
- The C1815 transistor is commonly used at the high-frequency circuit, the switching ability of the transistor is utilized at that application.
C1815 preamp circuit
- The preamp circuit is the most common application of the C1815 transistor.
- As we can see on the circuit, only four components are used for preamplification.
- The capacitor at the input bypasses the DC contents at the signal and the resistor makes a good path for the signal.
- And the transistor makes an amplified signal and flows through the output capacitor towards the second stage.
C1815 transistor amplifier circuit
- The circuit above is the simple amplifier circuit using the C1815 transistor.
- As we can see it is a common-emitter configuration amplifier, as when we pass the audio signal to the input of the transistor.
- It makes a good amplified signal output, the biasing voltage provided on the amplifier is rated as 4vDC.
C1815 transistor price
- The C1815 is a general-purpose transistor device used at electronic, the minimum price for 5pieces is 15rupees or 0.20USD dollars.